A selection of multimedia tutorials which you can view and listen to, on a variety of creative subjects:
Partnering with our friends at ComicsCrux, the internet’s #1 resource for people who LIVE comics, Gloryhound Network is excited to bring you articles specific to the art of comics and cartooning!
- Traditional Media Toolkit for Pencillers: Learn what tools comic book professionals use when they set out to pencil a comic book!
- Introduction to Photoshop and Digital Coloring: How do you get color on your drawings after you scan them into a computer? Read this quick tutorial and find out!
- Basic Human Anatomy Tutorial: Featuring art by odduckoasis of Deviantart — check out this great tutorial covering the ins and outs of the human figure!
- Tips on Getting Your Kickstarter Fully Funded: Want to do a crowd-funded project? Read this comprehensive guide to getting funded, which follows the same methodology which made Sylvanna successful!
- Working with Line: Knowing how to utilize line successfully is a big part of becoming a great cartoonist, and it’s more than just using straight edges and French curves!
Take a peek at some of my artsy technique in these Livestream sessions where I do some sketching and digital painting! Learn a few things about figure drawing and pick up a few pointers about programs like Photoshop, too!
- Coloring in Photoshop (with audio commentary): Watch as Dawn colors in a line art drawing in Photoshop! Good intermediate users for anyone looking to achieve a “comic book” look for their digital art.
- Drawing a Female Figure in Photoshop (with audio commentary): Watch as Dawn does a quick exercise, drawing Nita in Photoshop!
- Drawing a Cartoon Figure in Photoshop (no audio): Watch as Dawn does a quick sketch of Sally (from Sonic) in Photoshop!